Add any file to Document section from wordpress media

Hi mates!
I’ve a question. I want upload a file to Document section but the wordpress media doesn’t appear, no any folder, file, etc. The trouble is people will select the media manually and it has uploaded previously. Is there a possibility to change it?
Unlike the Thumbnail section, there is possible.
I know the method import by csv but I want to do manually.

Thanks! :smiley:

—Document section

—Thumbnail section

Hi @erickml!

Unfortunately, you can not select images from the overall WordPress media gallery to set them as Document or Attachments. You need to explicitly upload them to the current editing item. That is because their access is bind to the item privacy and that means they are stored in a different place. We have a page in our wiki that dives into more details but it is not translated to English yet… in any case, here is one picture from there that I think can help:

Thumbnails don’t fall into this condition because they are mainly to be previews of the content, not necessarily “the main” information.

1 curtida

Thanks!!

I contributed to Wiki translation in spanish but I didn’t remember that

At some point I would like share with you the repositories that are using Tainacan in Mexico and how it works, we’ve worked together in a Tainacan seminary the last year: Encuentro internacional acervos digitales en internet: experiencias en México y Brasil

Regards!

1 curtida

Amazing! Feel free to share your work here, we’re really glad to have your contributions in our wiki :tada: :tainacan: