Image file rename

Hi,

I need to bulk (or one by one) rename some of the images uploaded through Tainacan. Can it be done? I tried with Phoenix Media Rename plugin but it won’t work, it just wont rename one test file that I tried to rename. It is not crucial for me to do it, but if it is possible I would like. Do you have any expirience with that?

thx

Vedran

Hi @Vedran_Serbu!

Does going to the media upload modal (from the item edition page you can click the “pen” icon button to edit the document) and editing one of the selected media fields (name, caption, description, alt), does what you are looking for?

I have option of editing title, caption, description, but not an option to change the name of the file (xxxx.jpg).

Uhmm you are right, the “title” in that modal its not the same as the filename. I’m afraid that won’t be possible, at least not without some other plugin that I’m not aware of. Possibly this is related to how the multiple sizes of images are generated, they create copies of the file with a modified version of the name for each size, so renaming could be problematic to maintain. You probably can do it via FTP access to your site folder, but in the end the best solution would be to set the names properly before uploading :confused:

1 curtida