Importing CSV Issue

Hello,

While trying to update my collections via CSV and google sheets, when I import said edited CSV file into Tainacan, it creates new items instead of updating previous ones. Any help? thank you.

Hello @RationalRevolt! Welcome to our forum!

Starting by the basics, does your CSV file contains the special_item_id field properly?

1 curtida

There is no special_item_ID field. How should I insert this? It wasn’t there when I exported to csv from my collection.

Uhmm, ok. It must exist because that is how the importer knows which item to update. However, it should be generated from the Exporter. Can you detail to me the steps that you took to obtain the current CSV file?

While in the collection I used the “View as” CSV to download it. Is there a different way to obtain this file?

Yes! That “View as…” is what we call an “exposer”. It is a bit less complete than an actual Exporting. For that you should go to your Tainacan Admin → Exporters → CSV Exporter and select your collection.

Ohhh! Now I’ve got it! Thanks so much, that makes much more sense.

So now what would be the best way to add new meta data via CSV? Or is it better to do it via tainacan ui?

Depending on what you want, it can be done both ways. If you first add by creating a column to your exported CSV just remember to select “Create metadata” in the mapping step during the Importer workflow. Relationship and Compound metadata are the ones that I believe it is best to do via interface, since they store data in some particular ways. But also for updating data, remember that some things can be done via Bulk Editition, selecting multiple items in the admin, without having to export and import again :wink:.

Este tĂłpico foi fechado automaticamente 5 dias depois da Ăşltima resposta. Novas respostas nĂŁo sĂŁo mais permitidas.