Search bar - results page

Is there any way I can customize results page after search done (from Tainacan search bar block) . I know probably the answer is going to be something like for the taxonomy page (I already asked sometnihg similar in Size of the thumbnail - taxonomy) but it never hurts to ask?

Tnx :slight_smile:

btw, the official public presentation of our project will be on 01.02.2023. so after that date it can be published on your showcase page

Hi @Vedran_Serbu

I guess it depends on how you want to customize and where the search is ending up. Is it falling in a page where the items list component is being rendered? Then the restrictions should be the same.

This is example search page ( Pretraga – Zbirka razglednica Marije i Krunoslava Leka – Državni arhiv u Dubrovniku) and this is examlpe page with search results. (https://zbirkaleko.dad.hr/zbirkaleko?search=dubrovnik&order=ASC&orderby=title&view_mode=gallery&perpage=96&paged=1&fetch_only=&fetch_only_meta=2332)

I want to remove from search results some of the options (like view as, sort by, displayed metadata) and I want to predefine what kind of medata is shown with the results. Is it possible?

Yes!

For hidding elements in the search component, go to the Cusomize → Items list from name of your collection → Search control then toggle the components that you are not interested.

For changing which metadata is enabled by default, you go to each metadata settings and change their “Display on items list” setting. If you set them to enabled by default or disabled by default, the user will still be able to select them there. One thing that is not possible is to define which will be the “second” metadata to appear in this particular view mode that you are using. That would require a per-view-mode section option, which is something we don’t have yet, but there are issues opened for that.

1 curtida

Is there a way to set masonry as default view and completly remove option to choose?

Yes.

In your collection, settings, define it as default view mode. Then in Customize → Items list from name of your collection → Search control, disable the option that allows you to select view modes. Actually, I might be wrong, but if, in your collection settings, you disable all the other view modes, leaving only Masonry, then the option to select view mode won’t even appear.

1 curtida

It works like a charm. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :slight_smile: