Size of the thumbnail - taxonomy

Hi, another question.

When I click on taxonomy link on my item page, it link me to a page where all items with the same taxonomy are listed. I usually use masonry view as default, but as a result I have fullsize thumbnails there. Is there an option to make those thumbnails with the taxonomy smaller?

taxonomy thumbnails

tnx

Hi @Vedran_Serbu!

Customizing the Masonry appearance is a bit tricky because it scales the elements via JS to position them properly. So in our code we need to define “amount of columns” per screen size and not width. As you are leaving the filters hidden they end up being even larger than usual.

I see two paths here both a bit complicated:
1 - Create a custom view mode, such as the ones from our experimental plugin.

2 - A few versions later, the masonry columns were in fact smaller… When I made them larger I added a JS hook:

If you are familiar with WordPress hook system, you can enqueue a script that uses this filter to set it to true. which will render the smaller columns. But I gotta say it is not very simple…

You can always build the same query with blocks in a dedicated page but then it would not be dynamic and available from the taxonomy link… Not ideal, I know. This is the kind of setting that hopefully we will be able to have at a repository level page once we have room for that.

1 curtida