Issue with uploading/displaying Items

Hi! I am having some trouble with displaying either .htm/.html files, either as text or as an attachment, even when converting them to .pdf. Any solutions?

Hi @RationalRevolt!

Can you give us more details? What kind of problems?

hi!

Whenever I am converting an HTML/htm to PDF for display on tainacan it says that it can’t find the file.

So, you are trying to upload a PDF file as the item document and this message appears, right? Ok… is your collection or item private?

So it seems to be some sort of glitch with uploading the PDF? It’s strange I initially thought it was the pdf itself, but eventually it seems to not matter and does properly display. Are you saying I have to create the item, and publish it before it can display?

No, I was just asking because we’ve seen situations where, due to misconfiguration of the folder permission levels in the server or even redirection files, the PDF would be blocked if an Item or Collection is private. Is that your case?

No, it is public. I do keep getting error messages tho!

“An internal server error occurred. Try contacting the administrator.” This is one

If you check the details of the message, is it an error 500? If it is, then we would have to take a look at your server errors (not the browser console ones). To see what could be causing that… here is a link on how to obtain this information: