OAI-PMH use

Hi there, I am wondering if OAI-PMH is working on Tainacan. We would like to implement it in our Tainacan repository and use it in connection with our national cultural aggregator.

Hi @Marianaz!

So far the only feature implemented is an experimental importer that I honestly don’t believe will fulfill your expectations for an aggregator.

In the early days of the project we hoped to evolve more with this but the demand from our users, mostly from Brazil and Mexico was not really towards this direction. I understand it might have greater impact for projects in Europe.

We would love to find developers interested on putting this on track, we could even provide guidance and some help understanding our Exposers API and classes, but we could not add it as a priority to our list in the last years. I have some hope that next year will bring more developers to the team with some projects that we have under construction, which could mean a chance to bring this back to the table. Right now I’m not able to make promises for it.