Oai-pmh

I’ve read some prevoius posts about OAI-PMH and I know that it is in experimental phase. Here in Croatia, we got an option for publishing digital content online on a web-portal called eKultura (www.ekultura.hr) . In principle, it is a platform for museums, galleries, archives and similar institutions , and it is based on a similar system as Europeana, and there is also an OAI-OMH server in the background, so when I put something on that platform, there is a possibility that it could simply transfer it and import it to another system that supports OAI-PMH. eKultura platform is nice for publishing digital content, but Tainacan for me is much better considering it offers much more flexibility specifically for my web site and institution and offers much more flexibility with metadata and taxonomy, search etc. Considering I’m obliged to publish our digitalized material on eKultura platform, it would be nice to have an option not to do things twice.
I know it’s not a priority for you, but here, another interested party is here.

In the meantime, I’ll try to see how to use CSV to import metadata into collection.

1 curtida