Submission form: blank page

Hello again. I have problems with the submission form. When I add it to a page and view it online, I get a blank page (see picture). The browser console displays the errors below. This only happens with the collection I have been working on. The submission form works fine with a test collection. I don’t know what I could have done with the configuration of the collection that is giving problems for this not to work. Attached is a picture of the configuration. The collection has a large number of taxonomies (taxonomies), since it is a bibliographic repository and currently has 28,400+ records. Your help would be greatly appreciated. If needed, I can privately provide login credentials to the site.

Best regards,

Pedro

Consolémoslo errors:
[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘this.collection.metadata_section_order’)
getMetadatumOrderInSection — tainacan-chunks-blocks-item-submission-form-theme.js:1:18099
(anonymous function) — tainacan-chunks-blocks-item-submission-form-theme.js:1:40649
re — 8640.js:1:48833
(anonymous function) — tainacan-chunks-blocks-item-submission-form-theme.js:1:39855
re — 8640.js:1:48833
o — tainacan-chunks-blocks-item-submission-form-theme.js:1:36868
(anonymous function) — 8640.js:1:81501
r — 8640.js:1:115345
(anonymous function) — 8640.js:1:64019
(anonymous function) — 8640.js:1:64751
Ye — 8640.js:1:54748
(anonymous function) — 8640.js:1:59053
_n — 8640.js:1:58449

hn (8640.js:1:58339)
vn (8640.js:1:58260)
pn (8640.js:1:57937)
(anonymous function) (8640.js:1:81546)
r (8640.js:1:115345)
(anonymous function) (8640.js:1:64019)
(anonymous function) (8640.js:1:64751)
Ye (8640.js:1:54748)
(anonymous function) (8640.js:1:59053)
_n (8640.js:1:58449)

@argeifontesfunes please try installing the following development version… I added one check that might solve the issue:

Yes! It is working.

Thank you, Mateus.

Best regards,

Pedro

Dear Mateus:

The submission form still has a minor glitch. I happens when the option “Show metadata sections as steps on the form” is activated. When doing so, the page cannot be updated and the page generates a critical server error. For my part, It is not essential. I can wait for a future upgrade.

One more question. I have not been able to find where to translate the sentence “The item main content. May be a file attached, an URL or a text depending on the type of the document” of the form.

Best regards,

Pedro

Could you create an extra page with the form enabled in this options so we can take a look at the error?

Yeah there is no option for changing that sentence. We have recently added options to customize some labels (such as the document and attachment) but not all help texts. Essentially, I feel that this would overflow the settings too much, we need a better way to offer this kind of customization.

But if you are talking just about translation, that string is translatable! It may be the case that it is not translated in your locale yet. Are you using Spain from Mexico? In that case, it would go here:
https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/tainacan/dev/es-mx/default/?filters[term]=The+item+main+content.+May+be+a+file+attached%2C+an+URL+or+a+text+depending+on+the+type+of+the+document&filters[term_scope]=scope_any&filters[status]=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filters[user_login]=&filter=Apply+Filters&sort[by]=priority&sort[how]=desc

Dear Mateus:

This is a test page with the problem:

https://funesfrpre.uniandes.edu.co/prueba/

I have translated the string for Spanish of Spain, Colombia and México. I am in Colombia.

Best regards,

Pedro

That is really odd, nothing appears at all from the page content… can you check the error logs?

I could not replicate this scenario in my tests.

I have translated the string for Spanish of Spain, Colombia and México. I am in Colombia.

Once the translations are approved and a new release of the plugin is released you should see an update for the translations available in your WordPress admin panel.

Dear Mateus:

Do you know where I can find the error logs on nginx?

Best regards,

Pedro

I founded it. I attach the file.

Best regards,

Pedro

error.log.zip (51.0 KB)

@Wellferreira we took a look and it seems that again the error is caused by incompatibility with PHP 8.x. We’re currently working on this support, but it may take a while since it is a complex refactor. If you are able to use 7.4 I would strongly recommend, at least while we’re not ready.

thank you, Mateus. I will wait for the update. It is not anything important.

Best regards,

Pedro