Submission form, user role and access to backend

Hello.

Is there a configuration of a user role such that he/she can fill a submission form in a page, but does not have access to the backend? I have seen that the permission tnc_col_#collection_edit_items has to be activated, but also the general “read” permission. With the latest, the user has access to the backend and can create new blog entries and upload files to the media library. Can this be avoided and give the user access to the submission form? The only solution that I have found is the Remove Dashboard Access plugin. Can this be done without a plugin?

Best regards,

Pedro

Hi @argeifontesfunes!

The item submission form in a page can be accessed by anonymous users. Those are the ones that do not have any sort of login in the website, thus never access the admin panel. You can tweak this in the collection form. Is this what you are looking for?

No, Mateus. I would like the submission form to be accessed only by registered users, but I do not want them to have access to Wordpress backend. Is it possible without a plugin?

Best regards,

Pedro

Uhmm… just so I can understand better you use case, why would you want them to be registered if they should not have access to backend? You could still protected the form pag by putting some password request or even capture email information if you add that as metadata.

Now, even if they are registered, they should not be able to create blog entries with just the read capability. They should however be able to upload files as this is necessary for managing items in a way…

Have you tried playing a bit with one of these two plugins?

Maybe they can help you achieve what you are looking for

Thank you for your suggestions, Mateus. I have User Role Editor installed. What you say about the read permission is the main issue. Our concern is to have people creating entry posts and uploading files to the media library freely. But we do want to allow only registered users to have access to the submission form, so that we can register their user in the record submitted as draft. I think that our best solution so far is the Remove Dashboard Access plugin. It allows to designate what kind of users have access to the backend. We can leave authors without that permission.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Pedro

Got it… yeah there are som options for tweaking the admin experience. The one you mentioned might do it. Another one I’ve used is Branda, you might one take a look.

Thank you, Mateus.

Best regards,

Pedro