Change default sorting of Tainacan Collection's Items List?

hi, where do I change the default sorting (order & orderby) of the Tainacan Collection’s Items List? Right now it seems to be ascending & creation date and no easy way to change.

Hi @AronAmbrosiani, welcome to our forum! This is a good place to discuss doubts like that, if it turns out to be a bug we can open an issue on GitHub :wink:

Are you referring to the Gutenberg Block? If you are, then, when you are selecting the items search in the modal, you can set the order by and order in the list, just as you would do in the theme list and the settings should be inherited.

hi, yes, I’ve found the forum finally :slight_smile:

yes, the Gutenberg Block. I change the sort settings in the search modal but it doesn’t inherit.
I am a few versions behind in Tainacan though (still on 0.17.x), so I’ll start by upgrading everything.

Uhmm… I did a quick check here and it seems to be working… but that was with version 0.18.6. Please check with the latest version, if there is something that we should fix should be in time for the next release in a few days o/

hi @mateus.m.luna, I’ve upgraded to 0.18.6 now – unfortunately still no luck.

two screenshots showing the modal and the result.

modal, sorted descending:

actual block, displayed ascending – this I think is a bug:

Yeah that sounds weird. Uhm… are they published? Do you have a public link for the page?

yes, Kvinnas sak (testsida) – Monument

Did one test here and it seems that the “Display Search Bar” option may be causing a conflict with the sorting parameters. Could you try reinserting the block without that option enabled? I think it may be setting a forced value of sort and sortby

1 curtida

ah – good catch. I turned off “display search bar” and changed the sort order – now it works as expected. (also works after enabling the search bar again!)

Good to know :smiley:

I’ll take a look at it, maybe it is something simple to solve!