Collection items sorted by?

I’m trying to figure something out. I created a collection, and in COLLECTION → SETTINGS I configured that collection is sorted by “ordinal number” (metadata field that I created for the sole purpose of sorting the order of showing the items in collection". It goes 1,2,3,4… But it is not working, the collection is always shown on my page by CREATION DATE. Is there any way I can really control in which order the items are going to be shown?

Tnx

Hi @Vedran_Serbu!

We’ve been discussing an issue that was detected with the “default orderby” setting discovered recently in another topic (sorry, this was in Portuguese).

I believe we could solve it, but for you to have access to the fix, you would have to use one of our daily builds of the next release (0.19), which is not ready for production. If you are fine with this, the link is here. Otherwise, I would ask you to wait for the end of the month, approximately.

If you do want to test this, a few tips:

1. Remember to force reloading your assets after installing the new version, including clearing your browser cache memory. (I always reload with CTRL+SHIFT+R for safety);
  2. When accessing the collection items page, remember to copy the link to a new browser window (possibly a private one) and paste the URL without the query params (the options after the “?”). That’s because the orderby setting are saved as user preference and should affect only the first access. From there on, it uses the session settings, specially if you are logged in.
  3. Also, if I am not wrong, this settings have effect mainly on the public items list. The admin-side list should really only stick to the plugin defaults first, then user prefs.

I’ll surely will try. I even read the portugese thread (using google translate) and I have just two questions - is there any other major change in that 0.19 daily build and when do you think that official 0.19 version is going to be out. I’m not in a big hurry with that orderby feature if it is going to be part of the official version in few months, but I think it is really important that we have control with sorting order of items in the collection.

:slight_smile: tnx

Hi @Vedran_Serbu. Yes, there are several changes in that build. While the main feature is not there yet (Metadata Sections are the ones holding the release), we have updated many libraries so I would not recommend to use it if you are not willing to find some bugs in the way. In any case, it would be nice to test it once we have the Release Candidate at least, so we can confirm that the problem was solved.

Regarding dates, I really, really hope we can release it by the end of this month or the beginning of the next one.