Color of arrows in "Slides"

Hi,
I asked before about customization of colors in Tainacan, so you already helped me with changing the colors from dark to light (white), but somethin changed in last few updates, that I did not notice. When using slides to simply slide images from tainacan items, I used to have small arrows on left and right of the images. Somethinig changed, (probably color of the arrows, they used to be green) so on my white background, I can not see those arrows but when I hover with my mouse pointer where they should be, I get “next” and “previous” link and can click on it.

My question is - is there any way I can customize color of those arrows?

This is help you gave me to customize colors of the slideshow mode is here - Fullscreen slides.

Hi @Vedran_Serbu!

Uhmm that is curious because that color should be the same as the link color on the Tainacan Items list. But ok, let’s see alternatives.

First, make sure you have Tainacan, Blocksy and Tainacan Integration for Blocksy in their latest version.

Second, go to the Customizer → Items List of “My Collection” → Check the text colors, there should be the first one, which affect link and active colors.

If none of this solved, maybe due to some css conflict from previous customizations, this should do the trick:

.theme-items-list.is-fullscreen {
   --tainacan-secondary: #187181; // Or any other color...
}

Or even more…

.theme-items-list .slide-control-arrow .icon .tainacan-icon::before {
     color: #187181; // Or any other color...
}

If none of this solves, please send me a public link so I can check what is causing the color override :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it did not help.

You can check public link : https://zbirkaleko.dad.hr/02-opcinakonavle/?order=ASC&orderby=title&view_mode=masonry&perpage=24&paged=1&fetch_only=thumbnail%2Ccreation_date%2Ctitle%2Cdescription&fetch_only_meta=

Iti is translated in Croatian, but you’ll recognize the icon for slideshow.

Tnx.

Have you find a solution? I just tried here and it is working:

Maybe you had memory cache?

1 curtida

It shows arrows only in Mozilla Firefox. In Chrome and Edge there are no arrows, I tried to clear cache multiple times, tried on multiple computers, some never opened zbirkaleko.dad.hr website ever, and even tried on multiple mobile phones (Chrome for mobile phones) but there are no arrows.

Uhmmm yes you are right, Chromium based browsers are not displaying it. I’ll take a look to see what could be the cause

The problem is being caused by the Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg plugin. Disabling it will solve, but I’ll check their code to see how the conflict is being caused to see if we can overcome it.

Is that Spectra blocks? (I dont have Ultimate addon but I know they had some rebranding meanwhile…)

They have this rule:

Which is affecting the icons since they are inside a <span tag. For you this should solve:

.theme-items-list .slide-control-arrow .icon {
    word-break: keep-all;
}

Meanwhile I’ll see if I add this rule in our own css to overwrite future similar situations.

Tnx. Meanwhile, I noticed that they also had new version of their addon and now (it seems) it is working (showing arrows). Probably it affected something else too and they updated their add-on. It’s really unsettling that some addon can make that kind of problem, for me, Tainacan is the most important addon on my web, for other addons I can find some replacement :slight_smile: I really appreceate you help.

1 curtida

Yeah I know, the web allow us to make powerful things together but sometimes we end up messing with each others code accidentally. Hopefully they noticed somehow and fixed it. Thanks anyway for the report!

1 curtida