Translate some strings

is there some translation tool that would work with Tainacan, I tried Loco Tranlate time ago but it did not work, I used WP-Translate which is good because it is translating only strings I want to but it is not working well any more. I need just a few strings and sencences like Slides, Masonry etc…

Hi @Vedran_Serbu! Sadly not, we do not have way for integrating with this tools yet.

Translation of values like that is a topic that folks at WordPress have plan to improve on in the future, they plan to implement a solution on core but its is not yet on the roadmap.

Now these two strings in particular (the view mode names) are “translatable” from code, so they should be in your language if there is a translation for your locale. But if you don’t like the string that was used by your language you could suggest a translation change in the WordPress repository. I’m not sure, is it Croatian?
https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/tainacan/dev/hr/default/?filters[term]=masonry&filters[term_scope]=scope_any&filters[status]=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filters[user_login]=&filter=Apply+Filters&sort[by]=priority&sort[how]=desc

If it is than we need to find people in the community interested on translating the other strings… WordPress only releases the translations if it has around 80% done if I’m not wrong…

1 curtida

Is it possible to find it somewhere in the code and translate? I tried with plugin TRANSLATE WORDS and it is puzzling to me that when I slick at SHOW SOURCE in browser, it gives me translated version, but it shows original word (slides), how that can be?

That is curious, can you send me the link again so I can take a look?

Of course, here is one of the pages with SLIDES:

https://zbirkaleko.dad.hr/01-prodomosua/?order=ASC&orderby=title&view_mode=masonry&perpage=20&paged=1&fetch_only=thumbnail%2Ccreation_date%2Ctitle%2Cdescription&fetch_only_meta=

Here you can check, it is showed as SLIDES and MASONRY (SLIDES is more important to me). I used TRANSLATE WORDS plugin to translate some strings and it worked for me for majority of strings, but SLIDES (I tried to translate it to GALERIJA) and it shows as GALERIJA in source, but misteriously it shows as SLIDES when showed on page.

I don’t think the plugin got there. If you inspect the page you you’ll see this:

The items list is a client-side component, that label comes from a Javascript global object. The only way that I can think now to hack this from outside the oficial translations is to enqueue a Javascript code that does something like this:

tainacan_plugin.registered_view_modes.slideshow.label = 'Galerija';
1 curtida

Works great! Thanx! Is there any way to do the same with “Masonry” string. Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Of course, its in the same object :wink:

tainacan_plugin.registered_view_modes.masonry.label = 'Something';